Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sounds of the evening forest

The sounds of the Northern Thai forest are incredible, and loud. Tonight, as most every evening, the bugs come alive and you can almost feel them all because their noises seem so close as to almost penetrate you. Birds of every calling sing in a chorus of deeply textured notes filling the air. This evening we are experiencing a thunderstorm which is only adding big bass notes for extended periods of time to the "orchestra" as I like to refer what I hear every nite.  Now I can understand why QSBG is interested in and connected with entomology as a focus. It's just teeming with life up here. Later, the frogs will do their thing which last until early morning sometimes.  I pretend that I am king of the frogs and they are all singing to me. It makes the sleeplessness seem more meaningful somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment