Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spider Inspiration



On my hike last night on the QSBG compound, I noticed an unusual creature which stroked me as art. Balanced patterns, color combinations, elegant design, it was all there in this little living form. I did a little research and found out they are not bugs. Spiders lineage are different then insects. Spiders have eight legs not six and their bodies are divided into two parts rather than three. Scientists have identified over 43,000 species around the world. More than 230 species have been recorded here in Thailand with many new discoveries being added. Together with their relatives also with eight legs, the scorpions, harestmen, mites and ticks, spiders form the class Arachinda. To me they are inspiration which exemplifies nature's artistic perfection. First thing I though of was a African costume mask or iron man type mask. So cool.
detail of Argiope sp.
Argiope sp. in Chiang Mai, Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment